Saturday, June 16, 2007

Post-Op, Day 3 - TRUST YOUR INSTINCT

It's a beautiful day here. Too bad we are a little preoccupied with Webber. Ah, who needs it ... the summer that is ... doubt I'll get to see much of it. Too bad I couldn't figure out how to get him down to the river to sit and rest down there. I could catch some zzzzs in the hammock. Oh well, he needs me more than I need the nice weather.

Always "TRUST YOUR INSTINCT, IDIOT!" If you think something is amiss, chances are it is ... you know your dog better than anyone else. Thought something was wrong, and I guess there is. Just home from the vet.

She took his temp and it was high. She feels there could be infection
(s) starting. So, she changed his antiobitic from Cepalexin 500mg (2
2x day) to:

Clavamox 250 (3 3x day) and
Baytril 150 mg (2 1x day).
And she replaced his Fentanyl patch with a new one as she thinks he may be in some pain and it is probably wearing out. She is concerned about oral pain meds since he had blood in his stool the day before surgery which might have been caused by the Deramaxx.

He's resting now, and I'm going to catch up a little myself.

P.S. Thanks for the beautiful flowers Abbey and Lynn (& family). It was so sweet of you! Boy are we going to miss you guys!

No comments: