Monday, June 11, 2007

D-Day minus 2 - Check out my fort!


This week is the big one ... Surgery is on Wednesday, June 13th. Well, at least it's not Friday the 13th.
We went for a pre-op assessment at the hydro-therapy pool. It was a little scary but I think we got the hang of it. The pool is very warm and I'm wearing a life jacket. The technicians were really nice and I got plenty of treats. Funny, now they want me to go in the pool. They'll be sorry ... LOL.I go in on the 12th for them to apply a Duragesic 75 mcg patch. Apparently it helps with the pain during and after surgery if it is my system for a day before.Mom's ordered all kinds of things ... two 4 x 4 pens (not bad, as you can see I'm checking it out pre-surgery), one for the living and one for outside when it's a nice day. Two new memory foam beds. Two ramps, one for the car and one for the pool. Boy am I one spoiled puppy. I got to go for a swim in the river today. I really like it, but it hurts and I only go for about 10 minutes then I bring Mom back to the house where I can lie down.
8 weeks of doing nothing is going to be really hard on me, but I think harder on my pack.I'll let you know how it goes and what we end up doing ... pictures too, but nothing gross as I'm sure I won't look my best.

No comments: