Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Post-Op, Day 6 - We turned the corner

Today felt good! We both got out and enjoyed just sitting around. Me, reading a book and Webber, taking in all the sights and smells. It was perfect. You can almost feel the stress fall away as you watch him sit happily and walking slowly putting weight on his legs. Tomorrow will be the the one-week mark, and I will really need to sit back and collect my thoughts and think of all the things that may be helpful to anyone else going through this ... other than having large quantities of alcohol and sedatives on hand ... for you, not the dog.

But as you can see, Webber is really doing well. Me, well, let's just say I need to start dressing for the video moments. Ick! Is that really me?



I must say I had some good laughs on the forum today with 'Heart Attack Moments'. It was great. Just had to share this: From Dana and Shadow:

I took Shadow out in the back yard yesterday evening to do her
business. I wanted to go check the rain gauge hanging on the fence, but she had other ideas and planted her feet and pulled her head up and back. Her collar slipped right off her head - OMG!! So here I am holding a leash with nothing but an empty collar on the other end. Shadow was standing there and I had visions of her tearing off through the yard (and never being able to catch her). I panicked and hollered "WAIT" really loud at her and she just looked at me like "HUH??". But fortunately she didn't move and I slipped the leash around her neck - WHEW!!! Honestly, I don't think she fully realized she was free - I think she's been leashed to me for so long now (since mid-Feb) it just didn't register. But if there had been a squirrel or bird on the fence.....well, I don't want to think what would have happened.

Crystal - THIS is why I need that watermelon with the vodka in it!! ;)


Webber and I had our own story last night ... not nearly as funny but worth sharing:

We have about 2-1/2 acres, all wooded on the river. It is lousy with rabbits. Took him out last nite for what I hoped would be a peaceful pee, and there sat Peter Rabbit. It almost looked like the rabbit was giving Webb the finger. It took all my strength to keep Webber from tearing after it. Steve came flying outta the house in bare feet, ooch, ouch across the gravel and chasing after the rabbit throwing sticks at it. Needless to say we did not get a pee, and so had to get up at 2:00 AM to do his business. Grrrrr.

Well, the one good thing, Webber's back giving us our daily laugh.
We could always count on him for that, he's such a clown.



Webber with his big brother Derek ... what a lazy guy!

No comments: