Monday, June 18, 2007

Post-Op, Day 5 - My heart soared

A final note, looking on the bright side. After a little rest, Webber wanted to go out. What he really wanted to do was play a little. He made me laugh as he laid on the grass and proceeded to roll on his back and wave his legs in the air ... all with what I'm sure was a big smile on his face. It was so funny. And our first laugh in a week. Not only that, he actually came in the house and sought out one of his favourite toys and brought it to me. Can I play Mom?

It was a wonderful end to the day!



*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Webber has developed some kind of infection. I think we have caught it early, but it has not started to respond to the new antibiotics. Worst of all, he is firm about not wanting to eat or drink anything.

Just back from the vet, and a bit of good news. (BTW: It's really nice to go to the vet and not have to pay. Guess we paid enough for the procedure.) His temperature is back to normal and the heat in his leg has abated. Pretty sure now that he was starting an infection, but we caught it early. The vet thinks that the ABs are causing him to stop eating and drinking, so we are going to stop the clavamox for tonite and see if he eats/drinks something tomorrow. I sure hope so, it's driving me mad.

We got some watermelon, and with some enticing he got a few good size chunks down before he lost interest. It's something, but I guess with this type of trauma, ya gotta grab onto the little things. Watch for every improvement.

When we were leaving the vet, Steve was walking behind us, as I helped him down the stairs outta the vets, and he noticed that Webber actually was trying the leg out. Not a lot, but again something.

Iced his leg when we got home, and definitely the swelling is going down and certainly it is less angry looking. He's bagged out right now.

Maybe, just maybe, the first hurdle is over.




No comments: