Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spot, Spot out damn Spot

So, "those who give me food" were cleaning out some obscure location in the house, and I was doing my duty. Putting my nose into everything, helping, tasting and sniffing .... well long story short, 1/2 hour later, all done, taking a much deserved nap when bang up come the bumps.

Hives, "those who give me food" say, legs ears, belly and nose. Not real pleasant. Out comes the Benadryl. Well they aren't all that tasty, but I took them anyway. Well let me tell you, things get a bit sleppy then, really sleepy, just rested for a while. They gave me some at bed as well.

Next day, cool all clear, no spots, time for a walk. Getting in the car on the way home and, bam, back with a vengence. Gezzz I hate this stuff. More Benadryl, clears up. But the book "those who give me food" had said, 24 hours and it should be all done . So there we go to the vets, "roady".

Ya, Benadryl is the thing, but its 3 or 4 days before you worry too much. No temperature, and let me tell you that's no fun. If the Benadryl doesn't work ... I got some steriods.

Okay overnight again, boom their back, but this time, "those who give me food" move me on the the steriods. There go my Olympic chances, but I got no bumps.

"Those who give me food" keep poking and checking but there are no bumps. For now. Will keep you posted.

Vet said that "those who give me food" should have taking pictures while it was raging and kept a log of timings and things. They aren't that bright. Interestingly I saw the vet in Sept 2005, apparently with hives, no one remembers.

But as I said, "those who give me food" aren't that bright. Will keep you informed.

No comments: